These no-bake chocolate peppermint energy bites are a quick and easy snack to keep you fuelled through all of those holiday activities! Bring them on the go, or serve them as a healthy holiday dessert!
Happy Wednesday Savour & Shine Readers! And Happy December! Here in Vancouver we had our first snowfall on Monday and now I am allllll about the Christmas season…okay, so I was all about it long before Monday, but the snow just made it feel more official! Fun fact: I LOVE the snow. Everyone else in Vancouver seems to hate it, but I think it’s so beautiful. Must be my Alberta roots.
This week I’m coffee-shop hopping, studying for finals, and enjoying all of the fun Christmas activities during my study breaks. Crazy to think that in a week I’ll be finished finals and heading back home to Calgary for Christmas with the family. I can’t wait!
BUT before I go into full-on hermit study mode again, I’m sharing one of my favourite healthy snack recipes, Christmas-ified. These adorable peppermint chocolate energy bites are the perfect holiday snack, and a great healthy dessert option!
The best part? I partnered up with my good friend Anna from Num in My Tum to create a fun recipe video! We had so much fun blasting Christmas music and whipping up these no-bake energy bites. Did you check it out?! Video is new for me, but I’ve always been excited to learn new things, so I think there may be more videos in the new year…
Now I want to hear from YOU! Share your favourite Christmas snack/food in the comments below!
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup mint dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Candy canes, for garnish
- Place almonds in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped. Don’t overdo it – you want the almonds to still contribute a bit of texture to the balls.
- Pit dates. If soft, add to food processor. If not, soak in hot water for 10 minutes to soften and then add to the food processor. Blend until a dough consistency forms.
- Add mixture to large bowl with remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Chill mixture in the fridge for approximately 5 minutes
- Remove mixture from fridge and roll into 1-inch balls. Optional: roll balls in crushed candy canes for a sweet treat. Store in the fridge until ready