Peanut Butter makes everything better. And combining it with a little bit of Nutella is potentially the most delicious combination ever. Hands down. I felt like experimenting in the kitchen and wanted to create a snack that is sweet and yummy but still healthier than some of the store-bought granola bars and snack bites that can be filled with additives. After seeing dozens of recipes for these energy bites, I knew I had to try making them – and of course I couldn’t make them without somehow incorporating my favourite peanut butter cup flavour combo.
The result? Energy bites that are so delicious and will curb that 4 pm snack attack. Packed with fibre and a good amount of protein, these bites will satisfy your sweet tooth without the sugar crash. These no-bake bites are incredibly quick and easy to make and store well in the fridge, so you can have snacks prepped for the week ahead. That means less time putting your lunch together each day for school or work, and more time for coffee and quietly enjoying your morning.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try…I dare you not to lick the spoon.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. nutella
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, nutella, honey, and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Place mixture in fridge and chill until it sets (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from fridge and shape into 1-inch balls. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from cookingclassy.com