I always have quinoa on hand in my kitchen. It’s so fast and easy to prepare and can be used in so many recipes ranging from breakfast porridge to the crusts in desserts. But my all time favourite go-to? Quinoa salads. They last well in the fridge for grab-and-go lunches and make great healthy sides for summer BBQs.
This salad is a favourite of mine because the flavour combination is so unique. The ripe mangoes combined with the curry in the dressing makes for a sweet and savoury flavour combo that is absolutely delicious.
Curried Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1-2 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ¼ english cucumber, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, sliced up
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- handful of cilantro
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
How to make it:
- Rinse quinoa and cook in 2 cups of water until fluffy (about 15 minutes). Let cool.
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey, curry powder and cumin in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Combine cooled quinoa, mangoes, veggies, and beans in a large bowl, top with dressing and toss until well coated.