This has to be my new favourite muffin recipe. They’re so filling and delicious and sweetened without refined sugar! Say whaaaat?! These muffins get their sweetness from pure maple syrup and ripe bananas. So much better for you than that white sugar commonly used in baking. I love these muffins for a midmorning snack with a piece of fruit, it keeps me powering through until lunchtime!
Give these a try and experiment with different add-ins – I’m sure these would taste amazing with slivered almonds or even some raw cacao powder for a chocolate-y twist!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, vanilla, milk, mashed bananas, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide batter into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the muffin.
- Remove from oven and let cool.